BE (Civil)(Hons) ME (Eng Sc) MIEAust CPEng RPEQ
Associate / Principal Engineer / NT Manager
Julian specialises in providing technical advice in riverine flooding and stormwater management. Using his technical skills in numerical modelling of hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality processes, he has developed flood impact, stormwater management, water balance and stream diversion studies for numerous urban development and mining projects.
Julian is focused on delivering economical and environmentally sustainable engineering solutions for projects ranging from small sub-division developments to catchment-scale stormwater trunk drainage studies and mine-related environmental impact statements. He has worked on projects in almost all states and territories of Australia and in New Caledonia. Julian currently manages the NT office.
Julian was the senior flooding and stormwater quality modeller for the Fitzgibbon Urban Development Project, which won the 2012 Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD) award through the Healthy Waterways Partnership.
In 2013, he completed a Masters of Engineering Science, which included a project that investigated the hydrodynamics and water quality impacts of the Stage 3 Hinze Dam Wall Raising on the Gold Coast.
Fields of expertise
- Stormwater management
- 2D and 1D hydraulic modelling
- Hydrological modelling and investigations
- Fluvial geomorphology and engineering
- Water quality management and modelling
- Mine site water management
- Floodplain management
- Trunk infrastructure cost estimation
- Erosion and sediment control
- Water damage insurance claims
- Flood damage assessment
- Peer review.
- Bakers One Stormwater Trunk Infrastructure Studies, Mackay Qld (2013)
- Mackay Ring Road Flooding and Drainage Studies, Mackay Qld (2013)
- Bakers Creek Flood Study, Mackay Qld (2012)
- Fitzgibbon UDA Flood and Stormwater Management Studies, Qld (2010)
- Assessment of flood damage to strawberries on a farm within the Maroochy River floodplain, Bli Bli, Queensland (2014)
- Emily Valley Stormwater Management Plan, Alice Springs, NT (2007)
- Redlands Business Park Stormwater and Flood Studies, Qld (2007).
- McArthur River Mine Water Management and Flood Studies, NT (2011)
- Millennium Surface Water Assessment, Fitzroy River Basin, Qld (2010)
- Barrett Hebden Mine Geomorphic Impact Studies, NSW (2008)