BE (Civil)(Hons) MIEAust RPEQ (6413)
DIRECTOR / SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
Greg is a founding director of WRM and has 26 years experience in the water industry. He offers clients expertise in environmental planning, water allocation, the operation of irrigation areas and dams, and management of riverine corridors and floodplains.
Greg spent the first decade of his career in largely ‘hands-on’ roles developing his technical skills, particularly in hydraulic and hydrological modelling and project management. For the past 16 years, he has provided expert advice on water resource management to clients in local and state government and the mining , development, insurance and agricultural sectors. He has worked on major dam and flood studies across Queensland, and appeared as an expert witness in numerous court cases and before government inquiries.
Greg combines technical expertise with strong stakeholder liaison and communication skills. He was highly commended by his then employer for his work with the community on the Tumut and Upper Murray River Works Program. He has also lectured in water resource management, extreme flood estimation, hydraulic modelling and river engineering at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Mackay Ring Road Planning Study, Qld
- Expert Advice to the Commission of Inquiry into the Operation of Wivenhoe Dam, Qld
- Pioneer River Flood Study, Qld
- Moranbah South Project EA Surface Water Assessment, Qld
- Namoi River Flood Study and Flood Impact Assessment, NSW
- McCreadys Creek Stormwater Trunk Infrastructure Study, Qld
- Bakers One Catchment Stormwater Trunk Infrastructure Study, Qld
- Brisbane River Extreme Flood Estimation Study, Qld
- Wivenhoe Dam Spillway Upgrade Alliance, Qld
- Mount Crosby Weir Raising Assessment, Qld
- Terrors Creek Flood Mitigation Study, Qld.
Fields of expertise
- Expert evidence
- Hydrological modelling
- 2D and 1D hydraulic modelling
- Extreme flood estimation
- Floodplain management
- River engineering and fluvial geomorphology
- Water allocation and resource planning
- Mine site water management
- Water balance and yield studies
- Water quality management.