BE (Hons) MEngSt PhD CPEng RPEQ
DIRECTOR / SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
David has more than 30 years experience in water resource management, and offers clients expertise in hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, project management, and water strategy and policy. He has worked for engineering consultancies, local government, and the non-government sector on projects ranging from the modelling of small stormwater systems to major river flood studies.
David developed his technical skills in numerical modelling of hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality processes through numerous floodplain management, mining and land development investigations. His work with local government and the SEQ Healthy Waterways Partnership has given him an understanding of the strategic challenges facing water policy-makers. He has also provided specialist technical advice to industry and government on water-sensitive urban design policy and guidelines, particularly as they relate to the development assessment process.
David has a PhD in urban stormwater management from Griffith University. He has a reputation for high-quality technical writing, and for developing collaborative, strategic solutions to complex water and environmental problems.
- Wagner vs Harbour Radio Defamation, Grantham Quarry Flooding, QLD (2018)
- Maules Creek Coal Project Surface Water Impact Assessment, NSW (2012)
- Flood and Stormwater Management Studies, Fitzgibbon UDA, Qld (2010)
- Mackenzie River Flood Hydrology, Qld (2010)
- Surface Water Studies for Integra South Pit Expansion Environmental Assessment, NSW (2009)
- Water Supply Scheme ROL Compliance Audits, Qld (2007–2011)
- Maroochy Shire Recycled Water Management Strategy, Qld (2007)
- North Pine Dam design Flood Hydrology Review, Qld (2007)
- Katherine River Flood Study, NT (1999).
Fields of expertise
- Integrated water management planning and strategy development
- Water quality assessment
- Water-sensitive urban design
- Urban hydrology and stormwater management
- Local government water planning and development assessment
- Mine site hydrology & water management
- Analysis and design of hydraulic structures
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modelling
- Flood damage assessment and floodplain management
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Project management
- Technical writing.