BE (Civil)(Hons) MEngSt MIEAust RPEQ
DIRECTOR / SENIOR PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
Michael has contributed to the planning, design and delivery of major infrastructure projects across Australia. He has undertaken numerous flood studies and water resource yield studies for major mining, road and water resource projects.
Michael offers clients particular expertise in mine site water management. He has designed water supply dams, water distribution systems, stream diversion works, sedimentation dams and associated drainage systems for diverse locations and a wide range of commodities.
Michael has also authored the water resources chapters of a number of environmental impact statements.
- Millennium Mine Expansion Project Assessments and Water Management System Upgrades, 2012–13
- South Galilee Coal Project Surface Water Impact Assessment, 2013
- Wandoan Coal Project Water Supply and Management Conceptual Design and Assessment Studies, 2006–2009
- Mackenzie River flood studies for coal mine expansion projects, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2013
- Wyaralong Dam EIS Water Resource Impact Assessment, 2008
- Power Station Recycled Water Supply Studies, 2006
- Mount Isa Mine Copper Open Pit Expansion Project Water Balance Study, 2006
- Dawson Project Water Supply and Management conceptual design and detailed design, 2005–2006
- Isaac River flood studies for coal mine open-pit expansion projects, 2009.
Fields of expertise
- Integrated water management planning and strategy development
- Local government development assessment
- Mine site hydrology and water management
- Analysis and design of hydraulic structures
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modelling
- Project management
- Technical writing.