BEng (Civil)(Hons) RPEQ
ASSOCIATE/ PRINCIPAL ENGINEER
Matthew has over 17 years’ experience in the water industry, and has applied his skills in hydrology, hydraulic design, water-quality assessment and detailed design on mining, local government and land development projects. He has worked on projects across Australia and also the United Kingdom, where he was employed by Atkins Ltd, Europe’s second-largest multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy.
Since joining WRM, Matthew has specialised in surface water assessments for mine-related environmental impact assessments and operational water management studies. In addition, he has contributed to a wide range of hydraulic design projects, including creek diversions, dam design, water harvesting, and flood protection works. Matthew also has a strong background in water supply master planning and reticulation network design for clean water systems.
Fields of expertise
- Integrated mine water management planning and strategy development
- Mine site water quantity and quality management
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modelling
- Erosion control and sedimentation
- Water damage insurance claims
- Water supply master planning and reticulation design
- Olive Downs Coking Coal Project EIS – Surface Water Assessment, Bowen Basin, Qld (2018)
- McArthur River Mine Overburden Management EIS, NT (2016-17)
- Wilpinjong Extension Project – Surface Water Assessment, NSW (2014-15)
- Bylong Coal Project – Surface Water Assessment, NSW (2014-15)
- Peabody Energy Australia— Erosion and Sediment Control Standard, Qld (2013)
- Millennium Mine Expansion Project Assessments and Water Management System Upgrades, Qld (2012–13)
- Peabody Energy Australia — Peabody Water Strategy, Qld/NSW (2013)
- Moolarben Coal Project — Stage 1 Optimisation Modification, NSW (2012-13)
- BMA Coal — Project Study Group, Qld (2010–12)
- Southern Water UK — Clean Water Model Builds, UK (2008–09)
- Ipswich City Council — Water Supply Master Planning, Qld (2006–08).